Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Getting to know you....

So, In the last few years I've lost my house, my drivers license, my job, my dignity, my sanity ( that's actually been gone for a long time.) I have about a 430 fico score, high blood pressure, clinical depression, IBS, and mother freakin' hemorrhoids.
I see my life as an obnoxious little man who during the early years would kick, bite and scratch at me, but wasn't much more than an annoyance. Then about spring of '93 he knocked me down. I got laid off a job that I'd been at for nine years. I went from a little over forty thousand a year to just under seventeen. Somewhere in that time frame the little bastard grew this mutantly large hand, and since then every time I've tried to pick myself up.......SMACK, WHAM......back down I go, and it hurts a little more every time it happens.
People, especially my folks always tell me that I should be grateful, that there are people out there who have it worse. I know this to be true but HOW IS THAT SUPPOSED TO MAKE ME FEEL BETTER?! That only means that things could still get worse and probably will! I might think I've hit bottom, but I've only landed on a ledge that soon will either give out from under me or I will roll off of in my sleep.
You know, you usually read stuff like this and then the dude says, "but I found a better way." and he goes on to pitch some money making scheme at you. I'm not going to do that to you today. It is what it is and it still sucks. End of story.

No comments:

Post a Comment